BEng (Hons) Yacht and Powercraft Design | Southampton Solent University SSU
- BEng (Hons) Yacht and Powercraft Design seeks to complement your existing practical sailing and boatcraft knowledge, and combines theory and practice in an ideal location. Southampton Solent University is close to the thriving Port of Southampton and its successful business community, and is therefore a superb place for extra practical experience. You'll gain access to our industry-standard facilities in the City Centre and Warsash Maritime Academy, where you can develop your design skills using computer aided design (CAD) and participate in our practical workshops.
- Duration: Either 3 or 4 years with work placement.
- Entry requirements: 12th Class (10 plus 2) with good grades for 1st year entry. Good grades at either Diploma or Advanced diploma / HND in a related subject for 2 or 3 year entry.
- Fees: UK and EU students: £3,290 for a full-time undergraduate degree. HNDs and Foundation Degrees are £2,150. Integrated Foundation Years are £2,150
Overseas students: £8,600 for all undergraduate courses (except English language programmes: International Foundation Certificate or Language Foundation Year - £6,900).
|If you're interested in sailing and boating, and are keen to become a yacht designer, then this respected engineering degree could be ideal. Delivered by highly qualified, award-winning staff, this course maintains close links with the yacht and small craft industry. Indeed, with extensive design experience on tap, you'll emerge as a graduate with the analytical and design skills of a naval architect. The professionally recognised BEng (Hons) Yacht and Powercraft Design degree is one of the world's leading courses. Its international reputation means that you'll be ideally situated for graduate success.|
Professional Accreditation - Fully accredited by the Royal Institution of Naval Architects.
Industrial Placements - Although Industrial Placement scheme is not offered for this course, there are opportunities to gain experience over the summer vacations. Occasionally companies approach the University for students for longer work experience programmes extending over one year.
Level 4 (Year 1)
- Naval Architecture Principles
- Yacht Design & Production Principles
- Marine Craft Materials & Production
- Marine Craft Systems Principles
- Small Craft Mechanics
- Marine Craft Design & Development
- Applied Yacht Design & Production
- Resistance & Propulsion
- Applied Marine Craft Systems
- Marine Craft Hydrodynamics
- Structural Analysis
Level 6 (Year 3)
- Marine Craft Structures (Practice)
- Advanced Yacht Design & Production
- Marine Craft Structures (Theory)
- Our Network
- Southampton Solent Uni
- Southampton Solent Home
- Solent Courses & Fees
- MSc Ship & Shipping Mgment
- MSc Shipping Ports & Envmnt
- MSc Shipping & Logistics
- MSc Shipping & Comm. Law
- MSc Marine Spatial Planning
- BSc Maritime Business
- BSc Ship & Port Mgment
- UG Foundation Year
- BEng Yacht & Powercraft
- BEng Yacht Production
- BSc Watersports Technology
- Apply Now!
- University of Huddersfield
- ICS Chartered Shipbrokers
- College of Central London
- SIMM, Singapore
- APMI Kaplan, Singapore
- LIST, London
- Shipping Summer School
- Southampton Solent Uni
- Career Opportunities
- Contact us