BSc (Hons) Logistics and Supply Chain Management | University of Huddersfield
- This course reflects the growing importance of logistics management within the world of business. Logistics is all about getting the right goods to the right place, in the right condition, at the right time and at the right cost. The optional year-long work placement gives you great practical insight into your potential employment choices.You could work with a specialist provider of aid agencies or logistics and distribution services, a manufacturer, a retailer, a consultancy or possibly the armed forces. Graduates can quickly progress through the management structures of major blue chip companies.t and logistics managers aim to provide the means of getting goods to flow through the supply chain. Other equally important tasks are carried out by logistics analysts, inventory managers, customer service managers and purchasing managers. The course also provides opportunities if you want to follow a career in passenger transport management and tourism.
- Duration: Either 3 or 4 years.The 4 year course offer the opportunity to spend one full year on a paid industrial placement after year 2.
- Entry requirements: 12th Class (10 plus 2) with good grades for 1st year entry.Top-up course, good grades at either Diploma or Advanced diploma in a related subject for 2 or 3 year entry.
- Fees: per year (Scholarship available)
|Manufacturing organisations face great logistics challenges if they are to remain competitive in today's global marketplace. This course provides you with an in-depth analysis of supply chains, with emphasis on the challenges facing manufacturing organisations. New integrated approaches to distribution, production planning and control and purchasing are central to achieving efficient operation of the entire supply chain, offering the key strategic benefits of inventory reduction and time compression. The course cover the total supply chain from raw materials inputs through the production process and onto the flow of products to the customer. The course will equip you with a wide range of management and IT tools in readiness for a career as a logistics analyst and supply chain manager. The optional year-long work placement is highly recommended as it gives you great practical insight into your potential employment choices.|
Teaching methods include lectures, tutorials, seminars, workshops, role play, case studies and site visits. A residential field trip is undertaken in the second year of the course. Assessment includes reports, essays, presentations, exams and case study analysis.
- Economics and Business Statistics
- Principles of Logistics and Marketing
- Professional Skills and Personal Development
- Commercial Management
- Option modules: One option from -
- Introduction to Air Transport
- Transport: Challenges and Issues
- Fundamentals of Tourism
- Languages Y
- Logistics Management
- Operations Management
- Logistics and the Workplace
- Buying and Merchandising
- Logistics Planning Techniques and Applications
- Option modules: One option from -
- European Business
- European Freight Transport
Year 3 sandwich (Optional)
- Supervised Work Placement - The placement year is an important part of this degree course and provides you with a significant advantage in the graduate employment marketplace. Through excellent industrial contacts university ensure that you’ll obtain salaried placements of the highest calibre, enabling you to gain excellent experience in transport and logistics operations.
- Strategic Management
- Strategic Supply Chain Management
- Project, Quality and Production Management
- Supply Chain Modelling
- Our Network
- Southampton Solent Uni
- University of Huddersfield
- ICS Chartered Shipbrokers
- College of Central London
- SIMM, Singapore
- APMI Kaplan, Singapore
- LIST, London
- Shipping Summer School
- Career Opportunities
- Contact us