University of Huddersfield | Logistics | Supply Chain | Air Transport Management
he University of Huddersfield was established in 1825 as the Huddersfield Scientific and Mechanic Institute. The University is situated in the town of Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, England and is located near the town center
With over 24,000 Students from over 130 countries are represented on campus, the University has a million turnover, contributing m to the local economy. New university campuses have been established in Barnsley and Oldham to encourage participation in higher education in areas where many people have not traditionally taken up this option. With a strategic plan in place which outlines aims and objectives up to 2013, the University is committed to growth in student numbers, and to achieve a greater range of research excellence.
At the University of Huddersfield we have been delivering undergraduate courses in this field for over a quarter of a century which means that the University has built up an excellent reputation domestically and internationally within the discipline. The combination of academic study and a one year paid placement in industry means that as a graduate you will be equipped with the knowledge and management skills that industry require; as a result you could quickly progress to a management position receiving an excellent salary and benefits packages.
Our postgraduate and distance leaning courses build upon this reputation and are aimed at individuals who are either working in industry seeking to build upon their experience in order to advance their careers, or those whose first degree is in a different discipline wanting to enter the industry at an advanced level.
Transport & Logistics
Transport, Logistics and Supply Chain Management activities are integral to the successful operation of every business across every sector worldwide. A career in this area promises variety, excitement and challenge, with real opportunities for rapid progression. The continuing trend of globalisation means that career opportunities are international.
At the University of Huddersfield they have been delivering undergraduate courses in this field for over a quarter of a century which means that the University has built up an excellent reputation domestically and internationally within the discipline. The combination of academic study and a one year paid placement in industry means that as a graduate you will be equipped with the knowledge and management skills that industry require; as a result you could quickly progress to a management position receiving an excellent salary and benefits packages.
The University postgraduate and distance leaning courses build upon this reputation and are aimed at individuals who are either working in industry seeking to build upon their experience in order to advance their careers, or those whose first degree is in a different discipline wanting to enter the industry at an advanced level.Transport and Logistics Research and Enterprise Unit (TLREU)
For the past 25 years, staff from the Division of Transport and Logistics have gained both national and international recognition for their research and enterprise activities. The main aims of the Transport and Logistics Research and Enterprise Unit are to:
International Study Center: The University of Huddersfield International Study Centre is maintained by Study Group. The Centre offers courses to overseas students which on successful completion assure entry to degree courses at the University.
Campus & Accommodation
he University of Huddersfield's main campus, the Queensgate Campus can be found south-east of Huddersfield's town centre. Over million has been invested in the campus and its resources over the last 10 years. The University of Huddersfield has two more campuses in Barnsley and Oldham offering a wide range of full-time and part-time courses. Each University Campus has its own extensive library and computing facility, as well as access to the support facilities available from the University's main Huddersfield campus.
Storthes Hall Park, the main purpose-built student village, was once a psychiatric hospital. This was mostly demolished and developed into the student village, opening in 1995. Storthes Hall is 4.5 miles from the main University campus, set in the countryside, near Kirkburton on the A629 road to Penistone. A bus service runs between Storthes Hall and the University between 08:00 and 23:30 (all buses are free to residents before 18:00).
Ashenhurst Houses is located closer to the main campus. Ashenhurst has a range of 4 bedroom and 8 bedroom houses, all of which have shared kitchen and lounge areas. Each house has two toilets, two showers and a bath which are shared by the tenants. Ashenhurst also has 24 hour on site security, a TV room and washing/drying facilities which are shared between the whole site. Both Ashenhurst houses and Storthes Hall Village were sold to Ubrique Investments Limited in 2003, having previously been owned by the University.
Student Work Placements
The University is proud of its position as one of the UK's top 10 providers of sandwich courses. Placements are periods of vocational training and experience that form part of the student's academic qualification. They ensure that students are equipped with a good balance of knowledge, skills and experience when they graduate. Placement students are often paid a salary by the employing organisation.
For the business or organisation, they offer many distinct advantages and represent an excellent cost-effective route to secure motivated and enthusiastic staff with up-to-date skills and help to build working relationships with the University. Placements can vary in length from 6 to 48 weeks depending on subject area.
- Renown in the field of transportation and logistics for over 25 years.
- Graduates spread across 5 continents.
- One of the largest transportation departments in the country.
- Mixture of academic and staff who have worked in senior management positions within the field of transportation and logistics.
- Growing number of international research studies most of whom are studying for PHDs.
- Previous students have won the Chartered Institute of Logistics prize for the best dissertation and the Department of Transports energy best practice essay competition
- Friendly and professional experience.
- Strong university links with graduate employees.
- Successfully placed 3rd year undergraduates on paid industrial placements either in the UK or in the home country. Most of which are with multinational logistic and transportation companies, manufacturing, retailers or service providers.
- The combination of academic study and a one year paid placement in industry means that as a graduate you will be equipped with the knowledge and management skills that industry require
- Modern campus & low living costs.
- Good degree in a relevant subjects.
- Business, Management, Engineering, IT or a related subjects.
Duration: Full time 11 month course commencing in September.
- BSc (Hons) in Air Transport & Logistics Management
- BSc (Hons) in Logistics (Top-up)
- BSc (Hons) in Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- BSc (Hons) in Transport & Logistics Management
Duration: Either 3 or 4 years
- The 4 year courses offers the opportunity to spend one full year on a paid industrial placement after year 2.
- Logistics (Top-up) enables students enter after year 1 or 2 if they have successfully completed previous relevant studies at Diploma or Advanced Diploma level in transport or logistics. This is particularly attractive to International students who want to obtain a recognised honours degree through further study of the 2nd or 3rd year top-up course.
- 12th Class (10 plus 2) with good grades for 1st year entry.
- Top-up course good grades at either Diploma or Advanced diploma in a related subject for 2 or 3 year entry.
|huddersfield_application_shipping.pdf||Huddersfield Application Form||631 Kb|
|huddersfield_ISC_application_shipping.pdf||Hudderfield ISC Application Form||605 Kb|
|huddersfield_ISC_prospectus_shipping.pdf||Huddersfield ISC Prospectus||1889 Kb|
|huddersfield_prospectus_shipping.pdf||Huddersfield Prospectus||1734 Kb|
- Our Network
- Southampton Solent Uni
- University of Huddersfield
- ICS Chartered Shipbrokers
- College of Central London
- SIMM, Singapore
- APMI Kaplan, Singapore
- LIST, London
- Shipping Summer School
- Career Opportunities
- Contact us